1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

led work lights?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by sgrizz, Jun 5, 2009.

1. sgrizz

sgrizz Junior Member

I am thinking of putting a spotlight on my quad when i am plowing because the plow blocks the stock lights when it is the up position. I dont want to put a 55 watt light on it due to the draw on the system with the thumb warmers and the hand grips, led strobes. Trucklights and soundoff have led work lights in spot, flood and trapizoid . Has anyone used these on thier equipment or plow trucks? Thankspurplebou

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have not tried them yet, but will be this winter. Some people have stated that the LED light will not work in the snow, but I don't know. I do know that I took my LED Maglight out during a storm last year and lit up the whole backyard. I hope they do work well, it would be nice to reduce the electrical demand all around. Like most things, may have to try a couple different brands to see what works best. And of course, you get what you pay for.

3. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

4. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

5. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I have used Trucklite Brand LED work lights on a Concrete saw and on my Semi over regular Halogen Blub work lights and I can tell you the Halogen lights vibrate apart and the LED Lights have not, and working at night they are brighter and last longer , The higher cost of LED's work light's maybe hard to swallow at first but will be better off in the long run

6. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

the only thing about them not working is that they dont put out enough heat too melt the snow that hits it, but on a quad if that was too happen you should be able too reach up and wipe it off.

7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Do you have a link to where you can buy these? I googled it and found a lot of information about it, but not finding a site to buy!

8. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

9. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

10. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Can you hook these up without a relay just on a toggle?

11. dmontgomery

mine are......just on a switch

12. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

These seem like they would work good for either a back up light or a spreader light! Can you take some night pictures.....................oh wait it is on your spreader LOL!! Never mind that idea!

13. dmontgomery

I have some pics from last winter....I will try to find them.......they may already be on here......standby

14. dmontgomery

15. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. they look awsome.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  16. sgrizz

sgrizz Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies on this . My other problem is what led light is better for my use ? Does anyone know how far the beam on the floodlight projects out ? Or the spotlight beam , I am looking for extra light that goes out futher than the stock lights. I will be using one light mounted on the quad not two . thanks

17. SafetyLighting

Well if you are looking for out-front visibility, then you want a spot pattern, and I would go with the 1000 Lumen model. Even better get the 3000 Lumen model, and it will be like you are riding in the sunlight :)

18. SafetyLighting

Oh and a decent toggle switch will be fine. These lights only draw between 1 and 5 amps depending on the model.

19. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

wheres the 3k one?....

20. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Same thing i was thinking!! The bigger the better!!