1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED work lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 10, 2010.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The 97 is being completely redone as far as lights are concerned. I haven't posted yet what ive done to the truck over the last year but we'll get to that when everything is all said and done ;) Anyway, does anyone know of a manuf. that makes a grommet mounted (preferably oval but round will do) LED work light? Ive seen the grommet mounted LED reverse lights but i'm not sure those will really serve the purpose as work lights as well. I know a couple people on here have mounted these lights in their bumpers and that's kinda what i want to do but i want to make sure i can get some sort of scene lighting out of them and not just a nightlight effect.

Thanks guys!

2. mcwlandscaping

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Idea but they don't look to(Noticeable) bright from a distance

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Depends where they are being mounted too. I think sound off has some.Here is their site.

www.soungoffinc.com

5. mcwlandscaping

I think I may just have to do an LED pedestal mount and put it at 90 degrees. The flush mount would have looked real slick but I think I can get a lot more light for less money by going this route...and they'll be somewhat aimable.

6. BuffaloBlizzard

BuffaloBlizzard Junior Member

theres a place in south buffalo new york called kaminsky and sons trucking they sell an led oval light that can be mounted on a pedestal it has few different light patterens as well i think.

7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

The thing is anything with the work LED involved is going to cost!! I went with a set of 500 Lumen SoundOff on my old truck and liked them. Just got a set of 1000 Lumen for my new truck and they rock, so i am thinking that if you want LED for what you are talking about you need to get the wallet out LOL!!

8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

You spelled your link wrong ....It should be Soundoff....

9. mcwlandscaping

Ive got no problem paying for what I want and for a good product....i HATE buying cheap crap!

These seem like they will work well...what do you think? Is this what you have wkahler? If so, or something close, could you take a pic or two at night and post them here? If i'm spending $400 on work lights i want to make sure they'll do what I want!
    http://sirennet.com/soewlc1000sbdf0w.html

10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Dang mike I am excited to see the truck!

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Whoops, I did not catch that when I first posted it. thanks for catching it.

12. mcwlandscaping

13. skimastr105

skimastr105 Member

I mounted some halogen work lights in my back bumper. I was going to use LED's, but the halogens produce heat, which keeps snow from sticking to them, like it would to LED's. They're also significantly cheaper.

They are Grote Halogen Docking Lights. They're very nice, and made of stainless steel, so corrosion is less of an issue.