1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED warning light ideas??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SantiniServices, Nov 13, 2007.

1. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

it getting close to snow and i dont need some jerk running into my brand new truck. anyone got any ideas for leds warning lights for my rig.

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Maybe a mini led lightbar on the top of the dump and some strobes in the back. All I have to say is that is a very nice truck!

3. ManorD24

ManorD24 Member

If you click on the plowsite link and scroll down you can see a larger pick of our F350 at the firs dept. There are 2 leds on each side of the dump body, 2 on the rear of the dump towards the sides so the sander doesnt block them and then we have the strobe light bar and 2 remote strobes in the front corner lights. The leds are all red so they might be alittle hard to see. In my personal truck i'm adding leds to the grill, most likely the small whelen tir3.
    If your looking for a good web site i've used www.strobesnmore.com several times with no problems and there prices are good.

Really nice truck, best of luck with it

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=20489&page=66

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I would also run some strobes in the turn signal lenses in the mirrors. That would be neat looking and original.

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Ok this is what I think,

BLUE - strobes
    RED - LED's

you can put some LEDS in the rear of the dump body as well & some strobes in the tail lights.

AWESOME truck btw!!

DSC00265.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  6. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

You can't have red or blue strobe lights as they are emergency colors. It is against the law to have those. Only way you could get away with it is if you were a fireman or emt worker. You will have to go with yellow. You could do two yellow LED's in the front and two in the rear of the body.

7. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I think he was just using the colors red/blue to show where to put strobes/leds

8. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

thanks for all the ideas guys im a volunteer firefighter and my other car an 04 explorer is loaded with blue leds. im trying to stay all amber and all led. ive talked to people that have put leds on the top of the dump body and they said that they reflect off the snow and make it hard to see but im open for opinions. i dont think ill be able to put strobes in the mirror lights theyre way to small u need to be able to fit the strobe in there.

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

blue =leds
    red= strobes

All amber lights

I would put 2 whelen super strobes self contained on the top head board of the dump. leds recessed or surface mounted in head bord probably a linear 8 500 series whelen or similar stobes in the rear in the posts and appran of dump bodie some liner 3's in the grill and hid-a-ways in the turn signals. all front facesing lights be on seperate switch so not to get bounce back with plow on .

santoro.jpg

10. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

cat320 i like your style the more the better

11. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I saw you checking out my TIR6's in my F350 grill in the parking lot of Genoa the other day while I was eating lunch :p

I also have a set in my x-over box in the back. They offer great protection from the front and back, but they leave something to be desired from the sides. I can't decide if I'm going to add a lightbar or if I'm going to add more lights (LIN3's?) to the sides of the front and rear bumpers.

12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

13. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

matt
    i like the tailgate lettering on the truck tailgate it looks awsome. i like the bumper idea but can u see the grille tir6's when the plow is on???

14. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I actually don't know just yet. I just picked up a Snoway 28V this weekend and have yet to get it hitched up. I suspect the lights will clear the blade

fyi, The tailgate is actually just a huge magnet.

15. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

thats a huge magnet good luck with the plow one of the guys who works for my father has a snow way on his 2001 f250 and loves it does it have the down pressure feature??

16. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

yea its got the DP

17. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

What are you looking to spend on it?

18. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Talk about flashback from hell.

19. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Most definatly.There is an f350 tow truck in town that would put what i would do to shame. but the whole key to the lighting thing is switches. I would not put them all on one on /off switch front,back ,leds ,hide-a-ways rear back up lights all would have to be set up to work independent of one another.

20. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, I was just using those colors so they stood out. I would use AMBERS & CLEARS.