1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Turn Signal Bulbs

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bltp203, Jan 31, 2009.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Has anyone tried to use an LED bulb to replace the standard 1157 bulb for the plow turnsignals?

2. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Why do you want to change to an LED from the standard 1157 bulb? On mine I found that the cheap tin bulb holders get eaten up by the salt and let the bulbs get loose and on 1 of my signals, the bulbs fell out and were laying inside the lens cover.Mine were all original since 04 so I really didnt get to upset.I just bought 2 new lamp assemblies and installed them.

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I seem tobe going through bulbs more then usual this year......probably cause the plow is tripping more. If your lights are on when it trips back you can stretch the bulb filament to the point it breaks. I figured that with LED's, there is no filament to break.

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

sounds like a good idea.