1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED strobes on my Mower

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by flatlander42, Jan 25, 2011.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

looks good enough for me.....nice idea with the can...got a mag on the bottom i assume?...

i bet with 2 9v batts in the can you can avoid the wires...

3. flatlander42

how would I go about using the 9volt bats?

I have seen some aa boxes for 12v stuff Like this
    http://www.oznium.com/12v-led-battery-holder

By the way....what do you think of the leds oznium has to offer? Some of them look nice.

4. flatlander42

Yes, there is a magnet inside the lid. I had it on the outside of the lid and the damned thing would not come off the mower! It is rated for 45lbs of holding strength...like the size of a .50 piece. With the magnet on the inside of the plastic it holds just right.

5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I'll have to get a video of mine when I get the pole fabricated to put the amber led on it... Hey George...Found something I can use that melted Gen 1 Light for! LOL

6. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think a single amber beacon may be more effective. You could get and led version for low current draw, even pipe mount it. I think white strobes are mainly intended for school buses.

7. flatlander42

Lots of white around here. the 25$ led becons are not bright.