1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Signal Mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rcpd34, Jan 10, 2005.

1. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I have the popular Muth LED Signal Mirrors. These mirrors are OEM on many vehicles and place a conspicuous red arrow on each outside mirror. They came on my 2004 Chevy 2500HD and I liked them so much I bought a set for my 2001 and became a dealer! Available both heated or non-heated, these are the same as OEM. I plan on placing a substantial initial order, so please e-mail me with your application if you are interested. These are available for most cars, SUV's and trucks. Prices start at $149.

http://www.muthco.com/customers/alansvejda/3.jpg

2. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

I can't drive without a blind spot mirror so I would not be intersted in the blinky thing ( my blindspot mirror would cover it).
    I am intersted in an auto dimming, heated, power fold unit.
    Any price on these for an 04. (has heated power now)

3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Not true. I have those little mirrors on my 2004 just inside of the arrow and they work just fine.Have not had one problem with them. My mirrors are also the camper style that extend outwards.

4. BigRedBarn

BigRedBarn Senior Member

I have the blinkie/foldie mirrors and love them.

Anyone who gets their mail and newspaper at the road should have these folding mirrors. You can drive right alongside the mailbox and not have to reach out to fold in the mirror before you grab the mail and paper. I'd like to see more cars and trucks with these mirrors. Every time I get the mail and newspaper with the Trailblazer I have to reach out and pull the mirror in, then push it back out... not fun when it's brutally cold out, doncha-know.

I also can plow right along the road by the mailboxes and not hit the mirrors on the mailboxes (I'm a bit of a spaz so that's a good thing otherwise the mirrors would be all scrapped up on the front from getting shoved in by the mailboxes).

I really don't see a lot of the red blinkie mirrors when I'm out driving out and about (or as they say up North, "oot en aboot").

I recommend anyone who special orders his trucks get the blinkie-foldie mirrors, or whatever mirrors meets your needs. Plus, they're just cool to show off to people, not that I would ever do something like that... heh, heh, heh.

5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

i have an '04 2500hd and am wondering if i can add these to my truck with out too much hassle? i have power and heated mirrors, but not the leds.

6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

LED Mirrors

Took about 2 hrs to do mine. The heated LED Mirrors will run you $175 + s&h. Interested?

7. skidsteerloader

skidsteerloader Junior Member

To the best of my knowledge the blinkers will work once installed, heat will only work if you have a rear defroster, mirrors are on only when rear defroster is on. You must get a reflash at the dealer if your truck originally DID NOT come with the power extend or power fold feature and you are adding this type of mirror to your truck. Also watch the model year, my girlfriends 2000 silverados mirrors unplug directly behind the plastic mirror trimpiece inside the truck, my 04 unplugs under the window switch. Have to remove door panel to do so. I DO NOT KNOW exactly when the led feature was introduced or if it will work down to the 2000s, but I know my girlfriends mirrors only have a little black plug connector, while my 04 has two per mirror, a black and a blue that plug in under the window switches. Hope this helps alittle. ( I am having a little problem with my power extends ) I'll post that in a new thread.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005