1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

led: show me stealth or whelen responder linear mini lightbar?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by PremierLand, Nov 25, 2007.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Well, my 8 year old led mini lightbar is broke, so I need to get a new one and try to fix the old one later.

What do you guys think of the Sho-Me LED Stealth Minibar and the whelen LED Responder Linear, Both perm mounts and are the same price, $300 on lsh lights.

Thank You.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

VLSUSA.com $277. If you want the light fast order from them. Whelen responder hands down better.

3. ultimate plow

from N. IL

What broken mini led bar do you have?

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

That is a great price on the Linear Whelen Responder.

I agree, without a doubt get the Whelen.

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

i cant remember, i tested ALL the wiring, I even opened the damn thing up and tested the wires that go to the bulbs with my test light, everything gets power, so im thinking that its the power supply in the middle? Maybe I just need a new powersupply for it? but I would like to get a better lightbar since the one I have is basically just two led bulbs.

6. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

SHO-ME makes an LED Stealth Mini Bar? I thought the Stealth bar was strobe only?

Anyways, go with the Whelen Responder LP Linear, the CON3 version just doesn't have that great off axis warning power.

7. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

Yeah the LED stealth just came out. same bar with the lumintaor LED beacons inside. Not a bad bar, just a love it or hate it look.

8. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Anyone got a link for this bar? I would like to see what it looks like.

9. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

10. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

The ShoMe LED beacon is really not that bad. I have seen a couple videos of them and they look acceptable for an inexpensive LED beacon. I have been kicking around the idea of buying one just to see it in person plus I'm sure I could find a spot for it :)

11. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Eclipse, Can you direct me to a video of one. I also had the same idea. Thanks

12. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i208.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid208.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/AWLCO/ShoMeLEDBeacon.flv"></embed>

13. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

I just figured out what AWLCO stands for :)

14. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

I'm not here to cram product down your throat's, but I will try to help answer questions and solve problems. I'm a plow guy that happens to own a lighting business.

15. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

16. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

I forgot to mention that is a nice video. Thank you for posting it.

17. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

Thanks, I'm working on a new comparison video. Sho me gen 1 vs. Sho me Luminator vs. Whelen Responder II linear.

18. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

That should be interesting to saw the least. Some how I think the linear technology is going to win.

I await this comparison to say anymore.

19. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

I do not have any video but had access to all of these bars the other evening. IMO the linear does win over the Luminator but the Luminator does hold it's own. The Gen 1 Sho-Me gets left in the dust as compared to the other two.

We also had a CON3 Responder in the comparison. Again it destroys the Gen 1 Sho-Me and is close to the Luminator, but the Luminator wins out just by a hair only because it has a little better off axis visability.