1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Led roof marker lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RLM, Sep 22, 2013.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

My 2009 has the led roof marker lights one side went out, dealer replaced under warranty, now center is out. Truck is of course now off warranty. A quick google search looking for a replacement turned up numerous of the same issue. Does anyone know of a direct (aftermarket & better) replacement for these. I'm tempted to see if the older bulb style (my 2004 &05 have) are the same screw pattern & just replace with bulb ones. These have proven at least as reliable as the led ones and bulbs are cheap & easily replaced.

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

03-07 lights probably won't mount right as the center lamp is larger on the 08-13

3. sledrider2005

sledrider2005 Member

recon led lights are awesome

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Ive read many stories of the complete opposite. Lens cracking and letting water leaking in, leds burning out way to early are the main complaints along with crappy customer service.

I'd check out EBay. There are sure to be the factory lights on there for sale.

5. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

I just installed recons on friday. Need to be very careful when screwing them on. I heard rumors as well so I did the last few turns by hand and stopped when I heard the first little flex/crack on each. You will need to use a lot of silicone on because the gaskets do not make good contact with the roof or the light. I would go wit pacer lights. Pit them on my last truck. Did not need any silicone and never had an issue.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I just ordered a set that are also ALL strobes. 13 flash patterns. I'll update when they come in.

7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

you get these on yet?

8. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

Check out the atomic cab lights.

9. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping Junior Member

Does anyone know if the NNBS (07.5+) marker lights will work on a NBS (06 or so) Chevy?

10. eastcoastjava

eastcoastjava Senior Member
    from Boston

Yea they will i have the pacer smoked ones on my 04 sierra. They look way better than NBS lights. Be sure to clay bar the area that you work on, measure a million times then drill, i had a buddy do it. Use a bunch of silicon to, mine leaked twice and that was it i dumped the silicon around them.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Have them, haven't installed yet. Saw a set installed though. Pretty cool. I'll post a video within the week.