1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED mini-bar

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frankmd73, Nov 8, 2004.

1. frankmd73

frankmd73 Junior Member
    from buffalo

Anyone have any input on the Led light bars? In comparison to the other types of light bars on the market? Thanks this sight is great..

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Pricey, but worth it if you can afford it. Excellent bulb life and extremely low amp draw.

3. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

If you have the money for one then get it. The are much better and brighter than anything else. Most have a 100,000 hr (or something really long like that) warranty I believe.

4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

I have the new Whelen Freedom mini light bar. Four corner LED's, two front and rear facing LED's also. Less than a 2 amp draw with just the corner LED's operating. The LED's are very bright in the daylight. I prefer Whelen products over most of the other brands. If you have a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket, you could look into what Tomar has in LED technology.

Just my .02¢
    Rick

5. Do a search: Look for CLUTCH PUMP BLIZZARD. I think Jon posted one there.

6. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

Rick, do you have pictures of that on your truck? Sounds cool.

Blake
    WA

7. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Blake -

I am currently out of town and I haven't installed the light bar on my Back Rack. When I return next week, I plan on installing it and I can take some pictures for you. You can check this link out if you have Adobe Reader http://pb.whelen.com/automotive/ProductSheets/11466.pdf

Rick

8. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Sorry about the delay Blake!

[​IMG]

9. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Here is another view.

[​IMG]

10. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Thats a really nice bar man! How much did you pay for that? 8 hundred. I know those are expensive too those whelen led bars! How about a pic of the whole truck? Thanks a lot!

11. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

ultimate plow -

The lightbar has the same dimensions as the 9M series strobe unit. The basic mini bar, four corner LED lights, is $729.00. The two rear facing and two front facing LED lights are an optional factory add on at $205.50. It's the newest addition to the Whelen LED product line.

Rick

12. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

VERY NICE LIGHTBAR!!!! :redbounce :drinkup: I love LED lightbars. They rock!!

Blake
    WA

13. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Here you go ultimate plow

[​IMG]

14. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

One more for ya

[​IMG]

15. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

where did you buy your light bar from?

16. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

That truck is awesome I love it! :redbounce please more picts and what are the specs.

17. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Please post some more pics of that light bar in action. I also see that you have LED's in the grill as well...

Very nice! :drinkup:

18. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

That's more than awesome, it's ooh-aahsome!

19. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

sno-mover -

2004 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel, 8' Western Ultra Mount plow, Trynex 8000 salt spreader. Whelen CPS690 90 watt power supply, four amber Whelen Hide-A-Way strobes (front parking/turn lamps and reverse lights), Whelen TIR3 LED's in the grille, Whelen mini Ultra Freedom LED light bar, two Hella double bulb work/auxiliary reverse lights, and reflective door lettering with logo. Fully equipped without salt and with driver, 8900# if the local scale is actually correct!

Only equipment that I didn't feel like installing on the truck this go around was the plow. Everything else I did.

Good enough for ya?

Rick

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  20. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Thanks I really like the way it looks all or the colors go really well together. I have a nova hid-a-way system, and was thinking of adding the grill lights how do you like them, how was the install, how do you have them switched, and finially I would love to see some more picts :)