1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED mini bar - opinions needed

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by MSS Mow, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

For that price you can get a name brand light like one of these
    [​IMG]

3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I haven't found a namebrand yet that has the side/corner angles covered like the mini Verve appears to (without spending BIG bucks). It's also GEN 3 leds. I certainly appreciate the suggestions though. That's exactly what I'm looking for. The more options and opinions I have to make an educated decision, the better!!

Thanks a bunch!!

4. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

6. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Nope never used this bar; but I can tell you that Whelen makes a very good product that is known to last, and last for years. One you may want to consider is their Mini Liberty with the 4 Linear LED lights. Great light, day or night... -Or their Justice mini. For me the Whelen Mini Liberty with the four corner Linear LEDs work great, best light I've ever owned, very good 360 visibility. JMO! -Good luck in your search. ussmileyflag

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Do more digging. That company is a holding company of at least two others - all owned by the same person. That light is imported from china after his original lights got him into trouble with code3. I had made a purchase from them and even though they told me they were in stock ..... it was actaully dropped shipped from china, then to an importer, then an assembler ... all about 14 weeks from order to delivery and still they got the order wrong.

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

One of the traffic cars at the sheriffs office has the full size lightbar. I must say it is bright at night but you put it in the direct sunlight and your screwed. The flash patterns suck too. I would spend the money on a Whelen or Federal Signal product.

9. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

For that $ you can get like the other guys have said... A SoundOff..., Whelen or a Federal and have a longer lasting bar that you can get repairs done on it if needed. That bar your looking at isn't worth that much. 2 year warrentee..Right it will be gone for 2 years with them trying to figure out the problem then your SOL.

Get a trusted name/model. You'll be alot happier. IMO!

10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

11. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Go with Whelen Responder

12. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

That looks like a good one, I think that is the one I may go with. Thanks....

13. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

yes ther a very bright light bar

14. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

it is more nock off junk made in china

15. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

NASIG micro mini bar!

[​IMG]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5fDsT_WEeA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5fDsT_WEeA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edit* Thats pretty big for a mini bar lol.

16. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i'll have to agree got one last year damn good light and lots of patterns you'll never be bored

17. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Personally, I wouldnt buy any of that knock off junk. I am not going to put knock off strobes on $30,000-$40,000 trucks. Whelen is the only name in my book.

18. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member