1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Lights

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ultimate plow, Nov 16, 2008.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I have some leftover lights that are brand new that I dont need. I bought them all off ebay as a kit. They are ambers. First pair is federal signal 3600 tir6's. I have a video of these of the other pair I mounted on my truck. Also have a pair of federal 3330 lights that are a tir3 version. Ill take 130 shipped for the tir6's and 110 shipped for the tir3 version.

2. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Im not trying to bash on your sale, but you can buy brand new tir3s for 49.99 each. Just thought I let you know. I understand yours are federal........

3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Whelen is alot better then Federal. Wouldnt that make Feds worth about $40 a piece?

4. ultimate plow

from N. IL

not sure what makes you say whelen is better than federal, But federal signal has been around a lot longer than whelen mr gicon. Federal signal makes just as good if not better warning products than whelen. Thats a fact! So I dont understand why you need to come on my sale thread and even say something.

5. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

got any pis??

6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Why do all municipalities, and police departments use Whelen then instead of Federal?

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Thats not true......all police dept's here use to use Federal Signal and now mostly use Code 3. Code 3 is the official state bid lightbar for all police agencies in the State of Illinois. Its the Code 3 LED 2100. Just a little info thrown out there. Whelen, Code 3, Federal all make good LED lights. Personally, I like Whelen for LED's but thats just me!

8. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

federal signal is alot more pricey

9. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Here in the chicago suburbs you see a wide variety of all brands. But id bet federal signal is mostly used. you live on the east coast thats why you probably see mostly whelen

10. ultimate plow

from N. IL

I disagree

11. ultimate plow

from N. IL

100 with free shipping for the led3's. I dont have any pictures of these because my camera battery is broke. But this is what they look like.
    [​IMG]

12. ultimate plow

from N. IL

85 shipped!! these gotta go at this price. other tir6s sold.

13. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Wow, you guys stomped all over his thread!

14. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

ultimate, do you have some of the 3's on your truck? If so where are they on the truck (the black 250 in the video).

15. ultimate plow

from N. IL

I have the tir6 style on my truck. I was going to put the LED3s in my grill or salter facing sideways But I have enough lights on my truck already. These lights are a little larger than whelens and others TIR3s in terms of size. The brightness is a little more also because of the size. I just dont need them thats why I want them to go for a quick sale at a good price.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_br686kHIs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_br686kHIs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  16. ultimate plow

from N. IL

alright deal fell through on the tirs6s so those are back up for sale. $115 shipped for these now. I will throw in the dash/deck mounts for free to. These have a L bracket to mount. The mounts are encased too! Come on guys who ever buys these will be so glad they did.
    These mount a lot easier than the bulky whelen tir6s.

17. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

post pics of em if you got em and can you post the mounting bracket your talking about?? i want to mount them to a backrack but dont want them to look goofy with an l-bracket.

18. ultimate plow

from N. IL

sold. Thanks collin