1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Led Lightbar

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dpildner, Oct 24, 2004.

1. dpildner

dpildner Junior Member

Hi All, :redbounce
    I am looking for information on LED and strobe lightbars. Does anyone have any experience with the SHO-ME Low-Profile LED Mini Bar?. How bright are the LED bars?. Do they really shine bright?. It is a toss-up between this light and the Whelen MINI GUARDIAN G7M lightbar. How bad are the strobes in a storm?.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks Dave

2. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I bought a Sho-Me Lightforce Strobe mini-bar from Southwest Public Safety.
    www.swps.net

I love it! Not sure about their LED's but I'm happy with the product I bought from them. :nod:

3. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

OK here goes. As far as I am concerned I don't care for strobes facing the front. The backscatter tends to draw my eyes away from the road. For some reason most raotators (except white at night) don't have the same effect on me. High end LED's give off a very intense flash pattern and if they are within the budget I would highly recommend them.

I run a Whelen Guardian with 2 halogen rotators in it. I am not sure what the model # is but it is a relatively low amp draw for a rotator (under 20). I have no complaints with it.

4. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

We just installed new LED lightbars on my work vehicles (cop), man are they
    bright, as long as you have a good quality company they are fantastic and even draw less amps than strobes. Plus most of them you can change the flash patterns to your liking.

If you had problems with strobe flashes, you may still not like the led's

5. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

The FD I am with has one ambulance that is all LED (except for 2 halogen flashers) and notone strobe on it. The patterns are intense but the backscatter doesn't bother me like the strobes do. The worst for me is forward facing white (especially wig-wags).