1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

led lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by topdj, Mar 19, 2011.

1. topdj

topdj Senior Member

2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Never tried this brand, but it is made in China. I have heard there have been problems with this brands lights. They are cheap in price.

3. topdj

topdj Senior Member

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i guess when i live in china i will buy china crap and drive china car .. till then i speak american buy american WHELEN all the way ......

5. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I think the leds themselves are all made their

6. REDLYNE

REDLYNE Inactive
    from NY

A Whelen responder is a mini-bar but for the same price you can get an upgraded unit with LIN6 modules that is made in the USA and has a 5 year warranty. As always check out my store or email me for a price.

RedlyneEmergencyEquipment.com

7. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I have this exact bar on my 2011 F-350. I really like it. The end cap was broke when I got it and the guy shipped me a new one next day air no charge. The only thing I don't like it the plug is already connected so you either drill a big azz hole or run thru your door opening. DO NOT Over tighten the bolts that hold it to the truck or it will bend the light bar.

8. topdj

topdj Senior Member

got any photos of how the mount works?
    does the wire come out the middle?

9. tomx20

tomx20 Member

It's a junk bar. I'm pretty sure the lights aren't even gen III...

10. snowjim88

snowjim88 Junior Member
    from CT

If you dont want to drill a hole in your roof to run the wiring through, you should consider the ACARI drill-free roof top mounting platform. It attaches through the cab brake light hole and you run all your wiring through that existing hole. It offers a semi-permanent solution while still being able to remove it and then not having to deal with holes in the roof. Check out the pictures and install video (answers a lot of questions) on their website. www.acariproducts.com

Hope this helps. Good luck!