1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

led lightbar suggestions please

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cameo89, Feb 7, 2011.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Im in the market for a full size (47"-48") led lightbar in amber/white. I have my eye on one listed on ebay for $495 free shipping, but its only .05 watt per led.
    Im wanting something bright, reliable and in my buget of $500.....I've done several searchs and found some nice bars but im sure I missed alot, question is can anyone recommend a bar for me?

Thanks in advance

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I bought this one for this season and am happy with it. Its working great and is nice and bright and has lots of patterns. I did have an issue with one amber light illuminating when I went through a carwash so I added a switch to take away power when it is off. For the money its a good deal I think.

http://www.ledoutfitters.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=92

3. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Honestly buying a full sized lightbar for 500.00 is like throwing away your money. You would be much better off with a 449.99 Mini Whelen Justice lightbar. Do your homework before buying some cheap chinese made bar that will last a season or if you're lucky two. As mycirus said he hit the car wash and already having problems. As for the other company mentioned do some research before hand as it may really save you in the long run.

4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I went to priority one and got a ABLE 2 < or something like that its LED And its doesnt go across the whole truck but it looks sweet at night! Or in the day time.
    its like $250 mine is a magnet mount so it was a little more... mine is in amber also
    http://priority1emergency.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=53