1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Light Question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Hambrick & Co., Oct 6, 2011.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, I'm looking to add some LED lights to my truck. I have the Atomic Cab LED Lights aready although I like them its just not cutting it for me. I would like to add 6 LED modules 2 on my tool box facing backwards, two in my grille, and 1 on each side of the truck attached to the running board posts. I have searched strobesnmore, public safety direct and galls thus far and they'll seem consistant with their pricing ($39.99 each). Is there anywhere else to look? Is that a good price? I can do the install my self but just not sure where to buy. Any help, past experience in dealing with companies or install horror storries would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Mike

2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Mike,

The Whelen and our brand E series are great lights. I would strongly suggest putting the ones in the grill on a separate switch as I think you will want to turn them off when plowing during low light conditions.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I agree with what strobesnmore said about the grille leds. Also maybe put the side leds on the side of the tool box if it is possible. Get them up higher more at eye sight. If they are lower they could or will get covered in slush and ice and wont be effective.

4. cosgo

cosgo Member

Good Tip!:mechanic:

5. Hambrick & Co.

I thought about mounting them on the side of the tool box as well but I wondered if the constant flashing in my side mirrors would drive me nuts? The light would be at the same level as the side mirror. Any feedback on that?

I agree with the front lights being on a separate switch.

6. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Rimindustries.com is another good website for lights.

7. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Try Sirennet they carry all the name brand and I feel are about the cheapest around and a great website with alot a video's of there products http://www.sirennet.com I have not had any issues with Sirennet Very good to deal with and I have spent about 900.00 thus far and never had a problem

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You could get some spary tint for the side of the light that faces the mirror. I forget what its called exactly, but its just in a rattle can and you spray it right on the lens and it tints it. A lof of police agencys use the stuff to "hide" the lights more on slick top cars. The light output isn't effect enough to worry about the output of warning power. And if its just on the one side of the light it wont matter. Honestly I wont think it'd be a issue though.

9. Hambrick & Co.

Thanks for the information Sirenet is cheaper. Thanks again.