1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Led Light Bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by skferreri, Mar 4, 2008.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I was wondering if any body ever used 22.5 led fire ems tow lightbar.I keep seeing this light on ebay and it has a pretty cool video.thanks
  2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Looks like a cheap chinese knock off of a Tomar Mini LED bar. No where in the auction does it mention a brand name, which leads me to think its a bad knockoff. Lots of bad chinese knock off in the LED market today. WATCH OUT!
  3. Lowriderfd44

Lowriderfd44 Senior Member

I know the one you're talking about. I just ordered the 20" light stick from him and i posted about it in another thread. I know they're knock offs but, for the price, you can't beat it. The cheapest LED mini lightbar will run you about $300, if you can get this one for $100 shipped and get a year or two out of it, i figure it's money well spent.

On that with name brands, i've heard they're recalling the flashers on th new Whelen reponder LED, so, even name brands have problems. Granted, a name brand company would fix the problem instead of just saying "oh well" like i'm sure this guy will.

So, all in all, just keep in mind what you're bidding on. Know that's it's not the best of quality and not a name brand, and don't go nuts bidding, the guys has tons of them and constantly lists new ones. Maybe you could get one for even less then $100.

That just my 2 cents though...
  4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I have one on my chevy. Used it all this winter and no problems so far. The only thing I don't like about mine is that you can not lock in one flash pattern. It just keeps cycling through multiple patterns. Other than that, I feel I have gotten my money's worth out of it and it still continues to work flawlessly. The alley lights come in handy too!
  5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

the knock off arnt as bright as brand name ones
  6. Lowriderfd44

Lowriderfd44 Senior Member

probably aren't, that's why they're knock offs, lol. it could also be the video the guy took too. I posted the link in another thread. I'll let you know how it looks when it arrives. I ordered it yesterday night and it's already been shipped.