1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Led Installation

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by White Gardens, Jan 18, 2011.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

So, I can't find the the exact light bar I want for my headboard for strobes facing forward.

I've come up with an idea to get exactly what I'm looking for without breaking the bank.

So, I want to wire in 6 led hideaway type bulbs, 3 on each side of the forward facing section of the headboard.

Once I figure out the proper controller for the number of LED's I will be using, I want to wire in 3 bulbs for each port on the controller.

My question is, with the two wires going to be hooked into the the three bulbs, would you wire them in, in series or parallel.

Thanks.

2. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

3. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Just keep in mind that even though you can mount the hide a way leds externally from a light housing they are not as rugid as a light thats mean to be mounted that way. IE: TIR3 or E3 type light. How about you take a look at our E6 lights and put 3 across with no flasher needed. They won't stick out much and have everything built in. http://www.strobesnmore.com/strobes-n-more-e6-super-led.html