1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED in strobe power supply??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 12, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

if i have two empty slots in my whelen power supply that i use for strobes...could i use the other two slots for LEDs or does that require a different, special or dedicated power supply?
  2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

No, typically they have a built in power supply. You just need to connect them to some sort of switched power (with ground ofcourse) in order to work. Don't you have enough lights as it is??:dizzy:
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

If you connect LED lights to a strobe power supply you will blow up them LED lights .
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

just wondering, i don't really want to add anything else because like james said, i deffinatly have enough....it was just a question i couldn't get out of my head
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If it's a LED system it will need 12 volt supply to run it if it's made for that value voltage.
    Basically a LED will light off of any voltage when the right value resister is used on the negative lead to the LED. That's why they are used in some many different things, almost no amp draw, bright, and can be made to light with many different voltages.