1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Led Hideaway 08+ Superduty taillight

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ajordan193, Nov 10, 2013.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

I would like to install my led hideaway kit in my reverse taillights. Does anyone have a picture of where they drilled the hole?

2. Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel Senior Member
    from Sharon

That's a really tight spot to fit a light. Does ur hide a way kit have a wire to do a steady burn override

3. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

4. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

I just wired up the same kit in my 10 F350. I put them in the bottom spot in my taillights. Red. What color r urs

5. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

I ordered clear. Did the headlights no problem just wondering where everyone is mounting in the tails?

6. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

There is a spot in the tail for hideaways from the factory, but it is behind a red lens.

7. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

any pictures of the head light I am wanting to do mine

8. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

I did mine on a 2011 f350 in the reverse light. I used a wholo kit. I don't have any photos put I will get one tomorrow and post. it wasn't to bad

9. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I know almost nothing about strobes, but am going to get a set of hideaways. So if I want to use the factory hole in the taillight would I get red strobes or clear, same with the headlights, I was going to put them in the amber turn signal, so clear or amber strobes. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I don't want to order the wrong ones. Thanks

10. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

led haw

With led's you want to use the same color for the lens you are putting them behind. I just installed some in my reverse lamps (2012 F350) but had to notch the metal to make it work (don't like doing body modifications but had no choice after drilling the holes). They turned out ok and you can't see the notches as the taillight hides them.

http://youtu.be/7tb70Cz4-ic

11. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Those kits now have a steady burn override in them. Do you have an extra white white on your flasher? If you do you can use them where your factory bulbs are. Email me with questions if you are unsure.