1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED hide aways?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by WOODY367, Dec 31, 2007.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Does anyone have the Whelen LED hide aways? How are they? Bright? worth the money? Thinking of the for my F250. I don't care for strobes when its snowing, the light reflex to much and give me a head ache.
  2. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

I do not have them, but have seen them, they are bright, well worth the money.

Let me see if I can find a video of them.
  3. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

only downfall with them is a 2 head kit is $200+
  6. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Yep, that and the fact that these are still getting to dealers, so availability is a little sketchy.

I should also note that I know of one installer who does state contracts for police cruisers, that will be switching to these LED haws in just about every vehicle they upfit as they are very impressed with them and shine better than the strobes. They made a comparison video of the two. I'll see if I can find that also.
  7. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

8. sharpcutlc

sharpcutlc Junior Member

I have the new nova l.e.d hideaways the w600"s in my reverse lights on my 08 250 and all i can say is amazing. much smaller than the whelen and just as bright. got them from aw direct. They dont produce any heat and the power supply's are built in to the wire. VERRRRYYY BRIGHT
  9. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

10. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I want to get them but like stated the cost. I know someone the works for a Whelen dealer he is going to see what he can do on the price. Hope its good.

OSLIGHTS Member
    from Florida

Yes, the 2 head LED kit is $400 retail for white, $419.00 for amber. Wholesale is 40% off of that, prpbably will not find any dealer doing below the 40% off. They are extremely bright, even better that the strobes, IMO. They are very cool, as they have 84 patterns, including some where the individual bulbs do the rotator pattern. The best part is low power draw and a 5 year warranty!
  12. MightySal

MightySal Junior Member

13. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

14. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

hey OSLights is this the kit u reffer too LED Light Products
    Whelen Universal LED Hideaway 4 Corner Strobe Type Kit for Construction or Police Use
    239.80 plus 12 for amber/amber
  15. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

StoneDevil, that price is for the 2 head kit. miskeading when reading it. If you look at color options it has the 4 head kit which cost $395+12 for amber.
  16. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Yea, I like the idea, dont know about the cost.

What do youguys know about the split hide-a-ways, that are clear/amber??
  17. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

led haw

dont get the four head pack the cable to reach the tail lights
  18. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  19. mkozlu77

mkozlu77 Junior Member
    from chicago