1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED headlight strobes.....

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by groundbreakers, Sep 26, 2006.

1. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

I know this sounds dumb .. but a few months ago i was told by i guy who installs emergency lights on cop cars ... that they actually make a L.E.D. module that snaps into your head light housing like corner strobes ...... just curious is this FACT or FICTION ??? ...
  2. groundbreakers

sorry didnt realize i was still in the picture forum when i asked this ...
  3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

4. john boardman

john boardman Member

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

There are a few out there, but they are not nearly as effective as the strobes are yet. Give it some time & they will improve.
  6. groundbreakers

cool appreciate the info .... hope everyone is ready for winter .... hehehe ....
  7. John911

John911 Member

LED Hide-a-way

These devices are available but they are applications-specific. Only the Ford Crown Victoria is on the market today since it comprises >80% of police vehicles. These devices replace the OEM turn signal bulb. They are amazingly effective (made by Whelen).

The reflector design and vehicle electronics are what limit the ability to transfer a Crown Vic unit into any other vehicle. A more universal solution that is truly effective may be many years away.
  8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

FWIW Check your state laws before installing any headlight strobes- they are illegal in many states unless the vehicle is emergency response. (And no, tow trucks, landscapers and snow plows are not yet considered emergancy response...:jester: )