1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

led headlight bulbs

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowplowpro, Jan 29, 2011.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

was wondering if any one knows were i can get led headlight bulbs for a unimount plow if they even make them also i would like a set

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I have never seen LED bulbs for headlamps but I have seen headlamp assemblies that you could use to replace the nighthawks. They are not cheap, as I understand they cost about $300 Cdn. We have been putting them on the big belly scrapper municipal trucks. They recently tested them and claim that LED light penetrates the blowing snow better than original incandecant bulbs.

3. mishnick

4. samjr

samjr Senior Member

5. mishnick

Samjr.... I checked out those bulbs on ebay. I wonder how bright they are. No information on candle power as compared to regular bulbs. Do they generate any heat at all? Do they ever burn out?