1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED floodlights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by VBigFord20, Mar 16, 2008.

1. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

since this is the only lighting forum we have I figure I will post here.

Has anyone used LED floodlights? I saw a guy who had them on his spreader last night and I got to thinking I should do it myself since I burn or break mine real fast.

http://www.vehiclelight.com/01911501.html

These are what Im talking about. There pricey but I think the savings in not needing to buy new lights so often and the reduction in amps pulled from th battery would be worth it.

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

for flood lights or takedowns or spot lights or any other kind of aera lighting id stick with halogen beacuse i can see alot better but for every thing else id go with leds

3. Lowriderfd44

Lowriderfd44 Senior Member

i don't know. I know it's not the same, but i switched out my high intensity halogen reverse lights on my truck for LED bulbs, they're 10 times brighter with a huge light up area.