1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

led flashers

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by F150man06, May 27, 2009.

1. F150man06

F150man06 Junior Member

Hi I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone could let me know if its posible to use an led flasher to flash my led directionals on my mirrors of my 06 f150. Any help woulb be great.

2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

You can us TIER 3 or some type of LED that is self contained.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Try AW Direct. They make some stand alone LED flashers that I bet you could make work. That's a cool idea.

4. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Ive never though of that, but it should work.

5. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

define you want to flash them? do you want to flash just the mirror lights? do you still want them to function as turn signals? if you just want them to flash with a flasher you will need to find the turn signal wire in the kick pannels and cut and splice the flasher wire to that wire. and if you want them to work both ways. theres 2 ways to go at it. either add a relay to each side to it cuts the power from the turn ginal wires and just lets them flash, or you can add diodes. but if your turning and the flashers are on it will do some funky pattern..

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

right on the money......sho-me makes a flasher you can get on e-bay thats very nice..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-...TruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQQsalenotsupported

25 bucks...then go from there with relay cut-off for t-signal. but it might even act funky then too due to no constant signal from t-signal..it will only shut down flasher when signal is on...when off flasher will come back to life...

IMO...just tie in and remember to turn them off when you turn...or leave em on...really your 4 corners are good enough to signal other cars for turning..use a diode so you don;t burn out flasher unit with the rest of the t-signal ciircuit.