1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Flashers + Strobes?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BSDeality, Feb 1, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Is anyone familiar with LED flashers? I'm looking at turning my stock LED parking lights on my towing mirrors into flashers on my ford. I know they will not be as bright as a 2nd/3rd gen LED, however I really like the stock look. If this would work I would also like to convert my cab lights to do the same thing. I've seen a 7 head LED flasher made by Whelen that would fit that application perfectly (i think). Does this sound feasible?

I will be adding Whelen TIR3's + TIR6's in addition, but the stock light mod would seem like a cool little extra.

Also, has anyone swapped their trucks to 100% LED's on the outside? I'm looking to outfit my ford. I think I will need load resistors for the turns/4-ways correct?
  2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

For the most part, leds that do not have a flasher self contained in them are simple + and - leads. As long as you know how to disconnect them from the wiring system you could hook them up to a simple led flasher. ShoME electronics makes a really nice small one for about $20. If has one alternating pair of outputs and would be good for that application.

On the note about the LEDs all around, there you will need to change out the flasher for the signals in the fuse compartment. Ive seen some nice replacement cans that just go in place of the regular ones, and have a regulated flashing speed, not based on amp draw. Seems to work out great. Anything else, feel free to ask...this is I deal with for business......plus I'm a lighting nut!

3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

can you get me a little more information on that plug/play flasher BlueLine? God a model number or manufacturer?
  5. BlueLine Ent

THe manufacturer is able2products DBA Sho Me. The address is www.able2products.com and the model number is 11.1005SF. THis should do the trick for the mirror leds.
  6. BlueLine Ent

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Thanks BlueLine
  8. snowjumper

snowjumper Junior Member

There is a company in CT called AW Direct they will have everything that you will need They are also online awdirect.com I use them all the time. Very satified with there service.:blush2: :blush2: