1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Led Flasher Maybe?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by sns250, Dec 20, 2015.

1. sns250

sns250 Member

I think I need an LED flasher but I am not sure.

I have an aluminum bed that currently has 3 6" Oval Led TecNiq lights on each side. 2 are Red for S/T/T and 1 is white for reverse.

I want to cut in a 4th one on each side for an amber warning light. TecNiq makes the light to match in amber, but it is just a light. What do I need to make it them flash, preferably in some sort of pattern.

Thanks for the help.

2. rjk512

rjk512 Member

You'll need an LED flasher, many of which are available online.

Whelen sells one, I think the model is ULF44 or something like that, which is supposedly pretty solid.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Some led oval "bulbs" are self contained in which they flash with just power and ground applied.
    There are boxes for those oval lights you can buy and install anywhere....buyers is one seller of them

4. sns250

sns250 Member

Thanks guys. If I buy the whelen flasher what else do I need to make the install?