1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Led direct fit reverse bulbs

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by MXZ1983, Jul 28, 2015.

1. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

There was a thread on here before and I can't find it, had the information and website to buy direct replacement great bright LED reverse bulbs from. Can anyone locate that thread?

2. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

Nobody remembers talking about the led reverse bulbs?

3. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Like just the led bulbs?

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Unlike 1156.

6. dieselss

3156 even......

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Just order replacement bulbs for your vehicle using that bulb number and make sure they are Cree led bulbs.

8. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

I understand what they are, but there was a whole thread on which bulbs to order because they worked really well without having to put any relays or resistors in. The also posted how well they worked and how much brighter they were than stock.

9. dieselss

Unless the leds have resistors built it, they all need led flashers or external resistors.

10. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

Even for the reverse lights?

And that's why I was looking for the thread with the info because it had bulbs with resistors in them all set plug and play.

11. dieselss

Ah....I was looking it up myself....Still looking

12. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

Please let me know if you find it. I want them for both my personal truck because I tinted the windows and it would be nice for backing in the garage, and for the plow truck for obvious reasons.

It's supposed to be a bulb you take the Oem ones out and put these in. Someone said that the company told them to not run the led lights constant for more than like 15 mins for whatever reason, but that's a long time to be backing up the entire time.

13. dieselss

14. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

You do not need resistors for reverse / backup light bulbs. You only need them for bulbs that are used with a flasher such as directionals or 4 way flashers. Even then, you can eliminate the "hyperflash" condition with an electronic flasher.

15. I tried to locate the tread you mention, I could not find it. However, I use those LED bulbs in my reverse, cargo and third brake lights. Try retro-solutions.net for your unplug, plug and play LEDs. Mine are only 5 watts and are way brighter than stock, I understand they upgraded them to 9 watts a couple of years ago.

16. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

Awesome, thank you so much for the info!

17. Your welcome. Make sure the lights work before you snap, screw the assemblies back into the vehicle. If the Cree LED does not light up, simply flip the contacts, reverseing the polarity.

18. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

19. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Sage advice and actually true for any LED light. They are all polarity sensitive.