1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

led cab lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by jhoser_2000, Sep 9, 2009.

1. jhoser_2000

jhoser_2000 Junior Member

is it possible to make these flash if you were to use say a sho me flasher pack and a set of switches (momentary, and on/off) or would i need to add something else to it.

http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?pk=141

thank you for any help

2. jhoser_2000

no ideas anyone

3. TGM

TGM Senior Member

i'd actually be really curious to see if it could be done.

i have smoked/amber recons....they probably wouldn't be that bright though.

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

been there...done that

it looks pretty cool...use a dpdt switch...one side normal operation...one side flashing with sho me...put a pilot light on it so you don;t forget they are flashing

5. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

6. jhoser_2000

thanks Dissociative thats what i wanted to no thank you very much i will have to try it now

7. Dissociative

e-mail me if you get hung up on something.......it's a very tricky switch set-up

8. Dissociative

11.1010SF 4-Output LED Flasher

this woudl be bad azz......2 and 2 alternating.....it even has sweep...
    • Solid-state
    • Waterproof
    • Flash patterns:
    Outputs 1 and 2:
    Double, Quad and Mega Alternating Flash; Single, Quad and Quint Simultaneous Flash; Random
    Outputs 3 and 4:
    Double, Quad and Mega Alternating Flash; Single, Quad and Quint Simultaneous Flash; Random
    All Outputs:
    Scan, Sweep, Alternating 1-2 & 3-4, Alternating 1-3 & 2-4, Quad Alternating 1-2 & 3-4, Quad Alternating 1-3 & 2-4, Random
    • 2” H x 4” W x ½” D
    • Use only with LED lights.
    $53.32 MSRP
    Instructions
    Next

9. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Why would you want to do this?

10. jhoser_2000

for added visibility, so maybe people might see you, but it probably wont happen

11. SafetyLighting

I just think the money could be spent on more effective warning lights. My opinion.

12. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I'll have to agree with Safety Lighting. I'm not sure how much light this will give off. They make look great with the LED Flasher but I am not sure how functional they would be. Worked at a emergency/warning lighting installation company for a while and I can think of much better warning power for the same buck... IMO

13. FISHERMANXLS

FISHERMANXLS Junior Member

which one would you guys use for 4 six inch oval amber leds?

14. Dissociative

much better warnign power for the same buck??

the flasher is 20 bucks on e-bay.......show me RELIABLE warning power for 20 bucks...something equal to the SHO-ME flasher he woudl use...no china junk leds please.

pending he has the roof lights already, and all he wants to do is make them flash.....its a very cost effective solution...

i know they will not be as bright as some of the 70.00 light heads.....but he will have (if wires correctly) 4 flashing led lights on the roof of his cab on a strobe led flasher AND almost get 360 coverage out of it....at the very least he has around 150* of great forward coverage at night..

in the dark man....this will look KILLER for 20 buck...i say do it man..

15. Dissociative

depending on where all 4 were mounted...either the 11.1005SF or the 4 outlet one listed...

the 005 is a 2 outlet meaning it will flash 2 lights alternating.....now you can put 50 lights on each side, but you get 50 alternating with 50...see

the 4 outlet gives you 4 alterations....so it would flash 25x25x25x25 on the same 100 lights that the one above would flash 50x50 i think.....hmmmmm

16. SafetyLighting

For 20$ he could get a crappy strobe light that would work better than this. If the point is to have a warning light that will be sufficient to warn people, than 20$ is not a reasonable expenditure, You would be better off saving that $20 to help pay for your insurance deductible when you get hit. A decent warning light can be had for $60 to $120. If the point is to look cool, or do something unique and different, than by all means hook a flasher up to your clearance lights, but do not rely on them for warning lights.

17. Dissociative

well you said it yourself, he could get a crappy strobe light for 20.00 and i doubt you will even find that.

i bet everyone would be surprised to see a video of these at night in clear lens. I woudl pass on the smoked lenses but in a clear lens with amber led bulbs i still say with the strobe style led flasher it would be pretty impressive for the forward 130-150* of warning.

there is another thread on here where i guy put some cheap LED inside his large middle roof light on a chevy......was that a waste as well?....i think it turned out pretty good for that guy.....after all he spent very little as well and got some warning out of it.

the attraction to me also is NOT having visible warning lights stuck on the truck looking ugly. much like a roof top hide-a-way kit....

i doubt that this is his ONLY warning at all also, he never stated that but it was assumed somehow

18. Dissociative