1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Bulbs

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wmsland, Nov 25, 2007.

1. wmsland

wmsland Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I have a 2006 2500HD LT1, and am considering upgrading the stock turn signal and brake light bulbs wiyh LED's. Any one know if the stock flasher unit will or will I have to change it out? If so where the heck is it located, I can hear it but can't see it or feel it.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes it is necessary to change the flasher when swapping to LED's on these trucks.
    You can get a low current flasher from the GM dealer made specifically for LED change over's, p/n is: 10383322
    The flasher is located behind the trim panel under the steering column. Remove the panel to get to the flasher.

Here's a pic to help you locate it.... #1 is pointing to the flasher.

Flasher location.jpg

3. wmsland

wmsland Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

Many thanks B&B, the mystery is solved.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What would we do without B&B around here!!?? :)

5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I dunno....I know I'd been lost a long time ago, up a certain creek without a paddle. Its like having a plow and truck mechanic a phone call away. You be da man Mike:nod:

6. I agree!

Couldn't have said it better myself. He's helped me out many times!

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

it's sad when I see a question I can answer, I start to scoll down the page, see B&B as like the third or fourth post, and instlantly go for the BACK button on the internet.

Sad, but true.

Thanks for all the help B