1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Bulb swap/conversion

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Cond Enterprise, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Anybody swap out the bulbs in there Plow headlights for Led versions? My buddy is a diehard BOSS user and his new rig has LED Headlights on the plow...yes they are awesome and bright as hell. Now I want to see if I can get that kind of light,who doesn't want to see better right?? Any info would be great.:cool:

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Generally speaking, swapping LED bulbs into any light housing designed for halogens is a waste of time and money. Using LEDs as an illuminations source is a whole different animal than standard bulbs. Oh yes, there are a number of supposed "plug and play" LED conversion bulbs for headlights out there, but most of them are junk. There are also a ton of pnp HID conversions out there - and they're all junk too. In fact most of them actually reduce the amount of usable light on the ground and increase the glare for oncoming drivers. Sounds like a lose / lose situation to me.

If you really want LED headlights / plow lights, get a whole unit designed for it. Trust me, you'll not only be happier, but oncoming drivers will be too.

3. George C

George C Senior Member

LED lights suck. Nowhere as much light output as HID, and unless the LEDs use a heated outer lense, good luck melting the snow off of them.
    If you want useable light, go with an HID kit.

4. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

I saw some of the led bulbs that are supossed to be plug and play for my type of bulb in my plowlights,but they have crappy reviews and cost a ton. The new Boss set up my buddy has is awhole new design by them with an ice management systemin the lense...maybe Fisher will come out with a new light system that I can swap to....kinda need the proper optics for it to work as Too Stroked mentioned.I guess I will continue with my original intensifiers until something better comes along! Thanks guys for your input:drinkup: