1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Brake Light Flasher

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fordtruck661, Dec 9, 2012.

1. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Hi guys Im looking for a LED brake light flasher. My plan is to put some LED brake lights on my back rack and I want them to flash. I just want to know if anyone has this type of setup in their truck and where they got the flasher. I have looked on ebay but I want to buy something that Im going to like and is going to last.

Here is a video of what Im looking for.(I want something that does not flash as long)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSia-ICRTig

2. RC51

RC51 Junior Member
    from USA

Try ebay.com

3. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

We offer our E3, E4, and E6 super Leds with a brake light feature already. Just hit the brakes and they stop flashing and go to a steady burn brake mode. Release the brake and they start flashing again.

4. fordtruck661

from CT

As you can see I have found things on ebay but I want to know what other people are using and if they like it or not. I dont want to buy a piece of junk that does not work. I rather buy something that I know other people have used

5. fordtruck661

from CT

Yeah I have seen that but Im more looking for just a brake light that does a quick flash before turning steady. Just something to get the attention of the people behind me.

6. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Just one man's opinion, but I think you'll find the E3 / E4 / E6 LEDs from Strobes n More to be very effective as brake / warning lights - even if they don't blink once first. Remember, most of the time, they will be off before you hit your brakes. That's the theory behind the CHMSL now required on all vehicles. It's an additional light that comes on with the brakes that folks may not be expecting. So if you put two of them on your rack, you'd get your brake lights, your CHMSL and the LEDs. And the LEDs - assuming you don't have anything else LED on your brake circuit - will come on a fraction of a second earlier due to the quicker illumination rate. That'll get folks attention.

7. fordtruck661

from CT

I guess I should have said this in the first post but Im not looking for a light that is going to be a strobe and a brake light (since Im not even able to run flashing red light) All I want is a brake light that strobes a few sec and then goes solid.

What I have found so far is these lights http://www.ebay.com/itm/110939896067?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

with this flasher http://www.ebay.com/itm/280901365529?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

8. 7Doc

7Doc Junior Member

I almost ordered one of these last night but decided against it, just due to being unsure if it's any good.

It certainly looks better and is cheaper than the eBay one you linked to. And I've ordered from this company before, shipping is same-day, $2.99, and I was happy with the stuff that showed up.

9. fordtruck661

from CT

Yeah the only problem is I want to see a video of the patterns to make sure it has one I like. that is why I like the one on ebay it also has 36 different patterns

10. 7Doc

7Doc Junior Member

You mean like this and this? :confused:

On second thought I think you should drop the $20 on the one from eBay, it looks way better, and it has 36 patterns!

I would prefer to have 87 patterns to choose from really, because if my third brake light is gonna flash when I apply the brakes I want it to flash exactly how I want it to. Maybe a setting where it would flash to "Jingle Bells" or even "Silent Night."

:rolleyes:

11. fordtruck661

from CT

Lol I did not even see the video section I think I will go with one of those Thumbs Up

12. 7Doc

7Doc Junior Member

Glad I could help. Please let us know how it goes.

13. ULM2013

ULM2013 Member

Heres my truck
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  14. fordtruck661

from CT

Your link is not working

15. ULM2013

ULM2013 Member

16. ULM2013

ULM2013 Member

Hopefully that worked. It appears that the sync is off with the tail lights but its just the video.

17. fordtruck661

from CT

Cool what flasher did you use

18. ULM2013

ULM2013 Member

Whelen halo 2 head brake light/flasher kit and oval lights are whelen 500 brake lights on signal alert

19. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

20. fordtruck661

from CT

Yes that is what Im looking for. Funny thing is with the video you posted I am friends with him lol I will have to talk to him to see how he likes the flasher.