1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Beacon

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by sdplowing, Oct 15, 2007.

1. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Where is a good place to buy beacons? I'm to cheap for a full blown lightbar, but I don't want something that's gonna break in 2 days.

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i bought one at vip so maybe your local auto parts store will carry them. . cost me sixty bucks. just wish i bought one with a switch to turn it off and on instead of unplugging from the cigarette lighter every time.. it has like twenty patterns and no on and off switch. go figure.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  5. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Check these guys out... Pretty good prices, good selection. THis is where I am going to buy a new Federal Highlighter mini lightbar...
    http://www.awdirect.com/catalog.cfm?dest=dir&linkid=202&linkon=subsection
    Strobes and beacons...

http://www.awdirect.com/catalog.cfm?dest=dir&linkid=102&linkon=subsection
    Mini Lightbars...

EDIT: Wow, just checked out LED Beacons, damn, they are expensive... Good Luck with that... $300 for a tini little beacon. I think I would rather go with a strobe mini lightbar...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  6. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Thanks for the info fellas:drinkup: Murphy, have you purchased stuff from sirennet. I've never heard of them and you never know with online companies. They have the Able2/ShoMe LED beacon for $95, I've seen it elsewhere for almost $200.

7. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

Yeah I buy alot of stuff from them. also when I was with the sheriffes dpt in Wa they ordered all our cars stuff from them thats how I found out about them. Good folks good prices and great service.

i also order alot of stuff from AWdirect again they are like above. out of the places that have been put up here, just pick the one with the best price and you will be happy,

8. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

I just got a L31 Amber Beacon from sirennet. I paid $206 while everyone else was charging $285 or more. Light is everything I expected it would be, bright, plus it has a cool "cruise light" mode.
    AWDirect is good, but you can find better prices on warning lights from sirennet, vlsusa, or strobesnmore.

9. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Wow, that is a cool light...

Yes, Im starting to realize that. I just ordered one of those LED strobe beacons from sirennet. Good prices on lights...

10. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

11. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

AW Direct is a joke.