1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LED Backup Buddy questions

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by blwnsmoke, Sep 19, 2011.

1. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Gary, I bought the LED backup buddy last year but unfortunately needed to return it as my side job plowing fell through for the season. I'm back to plowing this year so was interested in repurchasing. I noticed this year you have 280, 720 and 1350 Lumens now. What was the original LED model?

I haven't really found much out there that really lights up the ground without snow (black pavement). Even with the halogen style that I tried, I noticed it still doesn't really act like a flood light. I'm curious if the 1350 lumen LED's will light up black pavement better.

Also, do you know if this will work with a sander in the back? Not sure if the light will be in the way of the spreader part.

Thanks

Brian

2. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Hi Brian,
    good to hear you will be plowing this year. what type of sander are you going to be using? I have a friend that has a fisher 1 1/2 yard poly sander and it doesn't get in the way. I will take a pic tonight of the 1350 and post it on here. Talk to you soon

3. backupbuddy

Hi Brian,
    For some reason I'm not able to upload the pics. If you go to my website www.back-upbuddy.com and click on photos they are there.

4. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Sorry for the delay, for some reason, I didn't get notified that you replied again. The 1350 lumen is insanely bright!!!

What lumen rating was the original LED that you sold last year, was it the 280?

Are you offering members any additional discounts this year like last for start of the season? Actually, I think you only offered free shipping last year on top of the 10%. Not sure if you are hitting any more trade shows, as I saw you were offering discounts there.

Thanks

5. backupbuddy

Hi Brian,

You had a 280 Lumen. We are offering the 10% off and free shipping to plowsite members at www.back-upbuddy.com/plowsite.asp. We will be at the NH Grassdrags in Fremont, NH on October 7th, 8th & 9th.

Thanks
    Gary