1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Led Aux lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BKFC255, Dec 7, 2009.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I am going to be getting a back rack for my truck. I want to mount aux/ back up lights on the rack. I want to put led flood lights on it where can you buy them? I thought it was posted on the site but I cant find them.
  2. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

LED's are nice but I prefer halogen...
  4. ejsmass2

ejsmass2 Member

I just made a similar purchase

I decided to go with vision X xmitters. In the past they have been about $500.00 each forthe 12 inch 3600 lumin lights but I found them onsale now for about 350. They are the same lights without any mods nasa has on a lunar lander. I figured nasa did the due diligence to ensure they are a good produce
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

go to soundoff signal and they have some real nice led worklights. I just bought a pair of the 500 lumen led 4 inch round flood lights. The cheapest I found them for was at
  6. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Ordered the same things last week and arrived yesterday and put them on in the evening and i tell you they have to be the best "little" light that i have tried, plus you can tie them directly into the reverse lights and have no problems. I ordered from the same place and thinking about a two more once i get a little of that Christmas cash in!!! You should be more then happy with them and VLS lighting is a good company up coming i think!
  7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

8. GLS

GLS Senior Member

We just mounted some LED work lights on our tractor. They are the 4" square 1000 lumens by soundoff. They are very well made lights. We went with LEDs for our tractor to reduce power draw since it only has a 40amp alternator (I think).

Here are some pics.

9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

10. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

I can meet or beat any price on SoundOff Signal products. I may even be able to meet or beat pricing on VisionX, but no promises.
  11. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I purchased my lights from thepublicsafetystore.com because the price was as cheap as I could find, and they let you choose from flood,spot,or trap and I wanted trap for the front of my tractor. However, they called after I ordered saying the price was marked wrong, so I ended up paying what sirennet had them listed for.

I would probably order from sirennet, here is a link with their pricing: http://www.sirennet.com/hal_spot.html

Sorry, I don't have any good night pictures that really show the power of the lights, but here is one

12. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

those LED's are nice but I just can't get past the price yet. Maybe if it snows some more this year I'll be able to afford some :)
  13. SafetyLighting

How come you don't put your roll bar up?
  14. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

As mentioned in one recent thread and probably others, LED lights may get caked up with snow, since they don't generate the heat that halogen bulbs do. (Some highway agencies are discovering that problem with LED traffic lights.) I don't suppose it would be as likely to occur on reverse lights as for anything deployed to the front.

Gotta love LEDs for the lower current draw, though, and for resistance to vibration.

I do kinda like the idea of four 500-lumen (or lower) lights vs. two 1000-lumen, to get a better "spread." Kinda leaning toward the trapezoid beam, as a compromise between spot and flood.
    What do you guys think?
  15. SafetyLighting

I agree and at $65 each shipped to your door with a satisfaction guarantee, you can't go wrong!
  16. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Which ones are you selling for $65? They're $122 at sirrennet for the 4" Sq ones.

If your selling those I'll take two.
  17. SafetyLighting

The 500 Lumen models for $65 shipped.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  18. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Roll bar only goes up if we are operating on slopes. The machine parks in an underground garage with 7' clearance, not worth putting it up to clear flat pavement. We certainly do put it up though if we are operating on terrain that may cause rollover.
  19. SafetyLighting

ohhhh, ok. Was just curious. I figured it may put the lights higher and give better coverage.