1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving plow on truck during commute?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Jeep_thing, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Jeep_thing

Jeep_thing Member

Scenario- Working an 8-5 job, approximately 30 minute commute. Handful of driveway accounts to plow.

If you clear the drives before work, or maybe after work if it is a day storm, would you leave the plow on the truck for the commute? Keep it on truck during the daily snow season? Or would that be a PIA having it on during a work commute and evening errands- grocery store, gym etc.

Leave plow home, hook up to clear snow, drop it back home...

Also the extra wear and tear on vehicle and tires for no reason... Opinions?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Take the plow off when not un use.
  3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Id leave it on when it's snowing or calling for it. Ain't going to hurt anything
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

30 minutes of driving is gonna hurt it less than the actual plowing is
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I leave the plows on all season. Around here we get weird weather and when we get a good storm, many times the township or state trucks are out plowing a couple days after burying entrances. Unless your truck is over heating while commuting your not going to hurt anything.
  6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I leave mine on sometimes after a storm, however I don't commute 30 minutes a day. I have a unimount so its not exactly a piece of cake to take on or off.

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9.2 Boss v-blade on a older Dodge so I remove and leave inside when not in use . Boss quick hitch makes this very easy to do . Thumbs Up
  8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Unimounts are cake. Now not as fast as ultras but Stoll easy
  9. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I leave mine on and I plow my accounts before work too. On a side note I sometimes remove it after the storm is over but have it on before the next storm comes in.
  10. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

If I was driving 30 mins one way I would take it off. But I have a plow truck that just plows, still on from last winter. :p
    BOSS very easy to take off and put on.
  11. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

It must be me then.
  12. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I drive 30 mins to go plowing, dont worry about it
  13. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I see what you did there
  14. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Take it off unless you need it in the next few hours or so..