1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leave Machines ON site ...or NOT

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by G.Landscape, Feb 29, 2012.

1. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

So I took a little drive around tonight to scope out some sites that we are bidding. I am always curious what other use to plow but a couple of the lots which are rather large (4-8 acres) didn't have any machines on site.

Granted they could have been on another site close by and they do both but it got me thinking.

Who leaves machines on site and who keeps them at their yard and drives them out each storm?? How far do you have to actually drive your machines to site if you do that?

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We leave machines on sites.
    They will generally do a group of sites within a couple square kms.
    Our yard machine always does a route closest to the shop once salt trucks are loaded-gives us the best of both worlds.
    Trucks will then fillup a at depot close to whatever sites they are salting if need be.