1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Least Obtrusive Mount for 2010 F150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ran, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Ran

Ran Junior Member

Hi Folks,

I've been a member on this site for quite a while, but haven't posted. I just bought a 2010 F150 Crew that I'm gonna hang a light duty plow on. I've been plowing for years with my 2004 Chevy 2500HD D-max, but I no longer need the 3/4 as I don't pull anything heavy anymore.

Before anyone starts with the "I wouldn't plow with a half ton" spin, I no longer plow commercially. This will be just for my own driveway and pole barn property. It won't be hanging on the truck for more than a half hour at a time and rarely (if ever) transported down the road.

My question is this: What is the best mount system for the 2010 F150 that results in the least air dam and fascia cutting, and is the least obtrusive? I don't think I'm interested in the Snowsport or any other unit that can't be raised, lowered and angled from the cab. The plow I have on my D-max truck is an older Curtis 3000 commercial unit and I love the mounting system. Its lickity-split!:). I've looked online at most of the major manufacturers' home use plows, but I can't seem to find anything that explains what's all entailed in the mount system.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  3. Ran

Ran Junior Member

Thanks Sweetk30. If I understand the Western mount instructions right, it appears that the only piece of the truck that needs to be 'cut' is the air dam?

For some reason, the Fisher PDF wouldn't open for me.

4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

The western ultramount is going to be your best bet. You will probably cut alittle bit of the air dam and thats it. In the off season, you barely see the mount and it doesn't affect your clearance in the front either. Highly recommend! Also the plow is so easy to put on and off, in a matter of 30 seconds or a minute if you take your time.:waving:

5. Greystorm

Greystorm Member

I have a western with the ultamount and when the plow and guiding ears are off the mount thats left is not really noticeable, also like was stated above it takes like 30 seconds to install the plow. most of that time is taken up by plugging in the electrical light connections lol

6. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

2010 f-150

I am a Sno-way fan, having had a couple of them lately. As I write this I am waiting for my 2010 F-150 to get the front mount installed at my dealer , should be done today. I am switching it over from an 08 that I traded in . This is the 4th winter on this plow and I am like you as it is used for personal use only. I used to plow commercial and I have had Western and Blizzard as well, but for what I do now these can't be beat IMO. These are light duty and very strong plows, I love the down pressure and wireless remote and poly skin. You wouldn't go wrong with a 26 series sno-way

7. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

2010 plow mount

I just got mine back and here are pics of mount and truck w/plow DSC00757.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

8. Greystorm

Greystorm Member

thats a pretty big snowway mount does any of that come off easily??

9. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

The truck mount doesn't come off at all, what is in the pic stays on the truck, I noticed that this mount sticks out a coupla inches more than it did on my 08. but it isn't too obtrusive.

10. Greystorm

Greystorm Member

here is my western mount, ready to hook the plow up with
    [​IMG]
    here are the ears or guides for mounting the plow, they pop of after pulling two cotter pins, and two large bolts,
    [​IMG]
    here is whats left on the truck, from eye level you can barely see em, and there is no way I'll hit em on anything like a wheelstop or curb.
    [​IMG]

dam the my camera on my phone sucks