1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leasing plow truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by heliski989, Jan 21, 2005.

1. heliski989

heliski989 Member
    from mi

does any one here plow with a leased truck and what does the dealer think

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe iam wrong but i don't think they would allow you to plow with a leased truck. :confused:

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I doubt it too, gotta drill holes in the firewall too plus depending on what you get notch the bumper. Leasing is just like renting, you don't own it so you can't do whatever you want with it

4. danno

danno Senior Member

Replace the modified parts, who would Know ? :nono:

5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

good luck on fixin the hole in the firewall w/o it being obvious

6. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

I had a 98 Dodge 2500 and it was Leased with the plow on it.I bought the lease out and sold the truck back to the dealer...

7. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Why not you can lease any equipment.

8. STRONGARM

STRONGARM Senior Member

You can up here. At one time all my trucks were leased.

9. S.O.D.

S.O.D. Junior Member

lease

I also live in Michigan and have leased 2 trucks with plows on them. They just add the plow to the lease price.

10. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

leased ford f150

I'm plowing with a leased truck. Nothing to worry about as long as you don't do any damage while plowing. There's no holes drilled anywhere, the fire wall has a rubber tab which allows you to run wires for plow, lights, etc. and I removed the bottom of the bumper rather than cutting it. Plus, instead of drilling holes on the dash for my joystick, I just used the Velcro that came with the package, so it can be easily removed. Never know it was there. I don't think the dealership itself cares too much, it's just the Ford Company that looks for any excuse to void your warranty. :rolleyes:

11. S.O.D.

S.O.D. Junior Member

My last ford f350 I leased was a powerstroke diesel that came with a plow prep package. The oil pan had rusted out and I took it to the dealer for replacement and they told me they wouldn't cover it due to it being a plow truck it was more lilely to be subject to more salt. That sure was a bunch of B.S. and after fighting with ford they finally changed it. The only problem with leasing plow trucks is all the dings and dents you have when it's time to turn them in.

12. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

I'm loking at leasing a new F350 with a Boss v setup from my local Ford dealer. I'll have to cost things out past the old bean counter on the Lease vs. Buy thing. If I have to buy it looks to be a used unit again.

13. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

When we leased our Highlander, the dealer told us that we can do what ever with it....but if we put on accessories, we lose them when we turn the vehicle in and don't get any extra cash back or anything. If you lease, your better off having the dealer put anything extra on, such as a plow.

Steve

14. heliski989

heliski989 Member
    from mi

sounds good

that is what i wanted to hear i just got an add for a 05 f250 ex.cab 4x4 xlt for 280 a month ...

you cant beat that if your plowing and dont want to beat the hell out of tyour own truck

15. Henry

Henry Member

I don't think you can get an XL package for that price. I just gave back my 00 350 xlt and that was $480 per month.

16. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I am sure the dealers would allow plowing with a leased truck as long as they know about it- think about it- how many people would destroy a tranny plowing, remove the plow setup and turn in the truck without mentioning it?

I personally have never found leasing a vehicle to be a good business deal- your spending almost as much as a loan and you don't even get to keep it when your done- my Dodge cost me $425/month loan- lease payments would have been close.

17. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Yeah its possible to get an xlt for $280 with like $1500 down and have a lease loyalty or employee/family discount.

I know dodge 3500 diesel's are about $300 with 1500 down.

I think maybe in michigan cars are a little cheaper because well, its the heartland for cars, and not as much in shipping prices.

Hell, here, if you can get an employee price, you can get a chevy 2500 v8 with a plow for $22,000. So its just something to think about ;)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  18. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

They allow it at Miller Auto. They carry Chevy, GMC, Ford, Nissan and Dodge. They said it's ILLEGAL to not let someone lease it if it has a plow. (Under the brands I just listed at least)

19. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

I wish there were deals like that around here. My 03 dodge ram 3500 diesel has a MSRP of 41,000. I got them down to $37,000 and have a lease payment of about $500 a month. $300 a month? I wish!

20. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

We lease all of our new trucks and they all come with plows before we pick them up from the dealer, so they definitely know we are plowing with them. Never had a problem with warranty as a result.