1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leasing big equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sirsweatsalot, Dec 23, 2002.

1. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot Banned
    from MN

when it comes to getting bigger loaders and skid steers how do most of you lease that already do not own. do you take the machine for the whole season or do you lease it by watching the weather:) any comments or advise would be good

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

We lease all our dump trucks, pickup trucks, Walker & Toro mowers plows and sanders. Its 100% TAX deductable alot of $$$$ savings over depreciation values. At lease end buy out for 10% of price financed. We use to do 5-6 truck loans 5-6 mower loans and ect and when we found out about Telmark we saved thousands of dollers yearly!!! Over the accountant doing those damn depreciation values! You can get more info at www.telmark.com If you want short time leases for seasonal equipment look at dealers promos they sometimes offer seasonal rentals instead of leases.

3. MLB

MLB Senior Member

so what's it cost

for a single stage snow blower for a year? thanks.:waving:

4. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot Banned
    from MN

the store will let you have it for one easy installment!

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I bought an arrial lift for my construction business this year, and we used American Express leasing. 1.00 buy out at the end. Very easy to work with and very low interest rate.
    Dino

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Dino is that the sam as the credit card? What was the rate and do they lease every thing or are they just an equipment leasing co.

7. a palustris

a palustris Member

Dino, how big of a bucket truck did you buy? What height? Where did you buy it from? Are you happy? What year is it?

8. MLB

MLB Senior Member

I know leasing can make sense on large purchases. Couldn't imagine leasing a snow blower.....why I ask.:drinkup:

9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I bought a Genie lift Z45/25J
    It is an all terrain unit, with 4x4, on board generator, and air supply line to the basket. 45' vertical reach and 25' horizontal.I bought through united rental co, and from the looks of it American Express will lease anything. I even went through the company LLC name, it most leasing co's require two yrs existince to get the funding, but we have only been a LLC for 1.5 yrs when we went to buy, and we were approved in less than 3 hrs. I rented units from United for 3 yrs, and I finally said enough I am going to buy one. We put about 1000 hrs on the renatl units, and I was used and liked the controls, that is why I didnt go with a JLG.I love it, it is by far the versatile piece of equipment for the exterior work that we do. The only thing is it is heavy, and we have to pay someone to move it, maybe if I get a larger truck next year, I will get a heavier trailer. I need a 9-10 ton trailer.
    http://www.genielift.com/specview.asp?i=images/blowups/z/z45jrt-blowup&u=zb-series/zb-z45jrt.html
    this is my unit brand new, we now have 125 hrs on it
    Dino