1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leased Trucks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by velocicaur, Jul 29, 2008.

1. velocicaur

velocicaur Junior Member

Hello,

Does anyone plow with leased trucks? Do the dealers look/care about it when you turn it back in? What about if I leased a 2500/3500 with a "plow package?"

There are some pretty nice deals going on. If I can plow with one (and maintain it) and turn it in after 3 years, and get another, that seems like the best situation for me.

Thoughts?

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

yea as long as you dont cosmetically beat the truck youll be fine... i know ford even does a 2000 dollar plow upfitter assistance but they get the plow when you turn the truck in. im not sure of the other brands...

edit- just read that ford and gm are going to end the leasing program real soon due to market.... you better hurry.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

they charge big bubks if u turn them in beat up....

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

yea but if you maintain it and treat it as if you actually owned it(for some this might be bad) instead of leasing it you will be fine. But as ststed above chrysler already did and gm and ford are to follow with ending the good lease programs as they say leasing is o longer profitable for them.

5. elite1msmith

from chicago

the other thing to worry about... true leaseing is cheap and has a warrenty, but will thyey take 2 weeks to get the truck back up and running? and will they blame u, because u put a plow on it? i have seem many dealers, try to wesel out of the repairs , because " you put a plow " on it and that voids the warrenty... even if it had a plow prep on the truck..

i fix my own stuff, because its a time situation ---i need it running now, and dont have time to wait and make an appointment

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

like i said when i looked into leasing a work truck from ford they offered a plow upfiter assistance so i doubt theyd hassle you... most of the time hopefully a new truck will cause you less downtime and be more reliable, plus after you run it for the lease term you dont have to worry about trade in value or trying to sell it, but it sunt matter it looks like leasing is going to be a thing of the past

7. elite1msmith

from chicago

my old boss about 7 yrs ago , i cant remember if it was ford , chevy or dodge - yes he had all 3

he purchsed all them out right, with the "plow preg group" and the front end went bad... they gave him a hard time about having a plow, and were not gonna cover it , till he had his laywer call....

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Confirmed, GM and Chrysler have terminated the lease program. But I guess they're making up for it with the 6k rebates. Either way, I probably can't afford a truck anymore unless I really rack up some accounts this winter

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

because of these great deals on trucks I was gonna go out and buy a brand new f250 6.4 diesel but I like my no payments right now :)