1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Learn from my mistake

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Camden, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I lost out on a gov't bid today because I didn't put my initials next to an area where I used white-out to make a correction.

I really didn't even need to correct anything, I just wanted my handwriting to be a little neater. I hope everyone on this site reads this so that they never make the same mistake.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That it? Your telling us that voided the contract?

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it did. My bid was rejected because of it even though I was the lowest bidder. No joke.

4. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Bids like that I always read, read and then read the specs again. Sometimes there are things in them that you will miss and will disqualify you.

Sorry bout your luck. Hopfully others learn from your mistake.

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

What was that one for Roy? I noticed that clause in a solicitation a while back...

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

wow thats ********... People are human, like comeon now... Sorry about your luck...

7. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

sorry guys but on any legal document, which your bid is, any cross out or correction must be initialed to prove you are aware of it and you acknowledge it.

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What sucks is that I've bid on similar work a few times now so I felt confident I was doing everything right. I'm so disappointed because I had a really good number and the job would've coincided with another project I'm doing in the same area.

It was for the Nora WMA. It had to be done by Sept. 30th which is also my time line for the Holmes WMA where I won the contract. I was going to do them both during the same week.

9. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear about that Roy. Sure it's a mistake, but very minor and innocent enough which can easily be overlooked and corrected. It doesn't affect your pricing, experience or your qualifications what-so ever.

Seems harsh and peculiar that on top of this they would inform you that you were the low bidder. If they are bound by low bid I would consider pushing the issue a bit.