1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaning truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jeremyk98, Sep 19, 2006.

1. jeremyk98

jeremyk98 Junior Member
    from indiana

i have a 1995 ford F250 and i have noticed that it ls leaning to the passenger side measured it and its lower on that side by about a half and inch i put new springs and shocks on it and everything else looked ok on it what else could it be??
  2. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Good question, I have a 79 F250 with the 1 1/2 lean on the drivers side, still scratching my head.
  3. jeremyk98

jeremyk98 Junior Member
    from indiana

its only the front end

on my truck its only the front end that is leaning so i have no clue my buddy is ready to put a piece of metal in there just to make it even again dont know if that will work i might have to get ahold of a front end shop and have them look at it
  4. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Mine is the front as well, I thought about adding a short lift block, but I'm not overly fond of the idea since it's the front.
  5. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

measure fom the frame to the ground and then measure from the body to the ground and this will enable you to tell wether it is in the suspension/frame vs. thee body. If it's in the body, check the body mounts, they will often start to squash out as they rust. If it's in the suspension/frame and you already replaced the springs(there fore assuming that the springmounts are all OK) it may be that the frame is twisted.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Maybe it's the body sagging and not the frame. The body mounts rust out all the time.
    Look at your core support and see where the rubber donuts are sitting.
  7. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Leaning Fords

All Ford trucks lean towards the drivers side. I've about 6 of them now and they have all had the lean towards the drivers side. It's anywhere from 1/2" to 1".

Personally, I think it has something to do with the track bar but I don't know that for certain.
  8. jeremyk98

jeremyk98 Junior Member
    from indiana

new info

I found out that ford has a tech service bulitin out for that problem they will ream you with the front and the back the front u bolts and spacer is 104 dollars the rear is 240 what a rip off i wonder if i can find a pic of it and make my own spacers.
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

A TSB for a '95? Follow the instructions of BigDog. If it's the springs, bring it to a reputable springs shop, they should be able to even it out without any problem. I had one level out my '00 350 last year.