1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaning towards the fisher v plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by probee, Dec 8, 2004.

1. probee

probee Member

I was woundering what you guys thought about the new fisher 8.5 vplow, which controller you prefer,joy stic or fish stic. Also down the road switching over from a dodge to chevy,will this be expensive to hang and wire the plow to a new chevy.also if the fisher plow will be as quick and responsive as a boss v thanks for the help.

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I had the 9.5v 0n a 03 350 diesel.I felt that big heavy plow needed a bigger motor.It was a little slow {u know what they say time is $}so when i set up my 2 04 fords i went back to straight 8 and 9 footers.Also i think the relief pressure is set to low.If u hit a large pile of snow it puts the blade out of wack,and then u have to always reangle the plow.

3. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I had the Fisher V MM1's and the blades themselves I thought were good, but the mounts sucked. It never lined up right and took forever to get them dam pins in.

I understand the new MM2 is suppose to be easier to put on.

As for change over, when we traded leases, we kept only the blades and left the wires and brackets on the chev trucks.
    I then would just order new wiring and brackets for the new truck each time and the total bill from fisher parts dept was just over $1600. Then the Chevy dealer would charge about 2 hrs labor to install it on the new truck.

4. osbo68

osbo68 Member

Well I can't help on the V thing. All of our Fishers are straight blades and have been great plows. They have only required your basic maintence needs and are an easy plow to work on. I have a fishstick in my trk and I love it. I drive a stick shift and I can hold my contoler in my hand while still being able to shift. I never have to take my left hand off the wheel. You will not be dissapointed with the fishstick! :)

5. osbo68

osbo68 Member

Oh ya. If you do all of the maint. yourself CPW carry's a great selection of Fisher parts and supply's. Everything from frame mounts to wiring harness's. Thier prices are great when compaired to our local dealer.
    Happy Plowing!! :waving: