1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaky Couplers

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jjklongisland, Feb 6, 2011.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Hi, I recently just bought a 97 ram with a 7.5 Meyer with an E-60. The plow is in great condition but for some reason the couplers where the hydraulic lines connect to the pump are slightly leaking. I have a new driveway and it has been making a mess. Any suggestions on what to do in order to prevent this. Should I just go and get new fittings for the pump and the lines? Never really had this happen with any of my previous Meyer plows on my older trucks.

Will the hydraulic fluid on the driveway eventually wear away... Really upsetting me after I spent $10,000 on my driveway in September...
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Put the new connectors on. This spring make sure you get a good cleaner product and scrub the crap out of it.
  3. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I cant remember, is there supposed to be a rubber o-ring on the male side to prevent it from leaking out. Neither of my males have any o rings...
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

No orings. Make sure you get quality ball type connectors, not the chinese made or pin type.