1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leaking wings on wideout

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nickPSD, Oct 23, 2012.

1. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

Anybody taken the wings out of the Wideout and serviced the cylinders in the wings? Whats involved with taking the wings off? I looked around and didnt see anything to major in the way:mechanic:

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I have transplanted wings from one mouldboard to another. Once you have them out you will shake your head at how simple it is. The spring, the wing and the cylinder all come out in one piece. Extend them part way, then take out the hex head stopper bolts (that makes the wings flip forward), remove the hoses (dont mix them up!) pull the inner ram pin and they whole assembly slides out. I may have missed a bolt or a pin but once you get it out you will be amazed at how simple it is. But what kind of a leak do you have??? Do you mean fluid is leaking out of the wing rams or are the wings leaking back to the straight position? If you are loosing fluid then pull the ram. If the wing is leaking back then its a whole other ball game. That is valves and a real pain in the butt to fix.

3. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

Im loosing fluid, I can see it dripping off the drivers side slide box part. Thanks for the help, I will take a look at it tomorrow