1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking Windshields

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by MAGNUM SERVICES, Jan 4, 2009.

1. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

Do any of you Dodge owners have problems with your front windshield leaking ? My brother has a 96 1500 two wheel drive Ram and the floor is always wet after rain storms. It is a used truck he bought in 2004 and the water problem started happening this year. I know when he parks facing downhill the carpet is NOT as wet as when facing uphill . Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated. Keith :gunsfiring:

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

my dad had this happen in his 94 turned out the airbox drain was clogged with crap and not the windshield leaking like we thought

3. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

That was the fastest reply I have ever received on any forum. Where will I find this air box to see if it is clogged ? Thanks, Keith:gunsfiring:

4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

back behind the glove box where the blower motor and heater core is
    it might not be for you but its a good place to start
    good luck

5. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

Thanks, I will tell him to look there and see what he finds. Keith:gunsfiring:

6. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I think there was a TSB on the rear window leaking on 96's too.

7. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Take a garden hose and run it over suspect areas like the windshield, it may take a while but get a flashlight and try and locate the source.. I had a minor leak on my truck as well and i ended up finding it within an hour or so.. Just used a little but of silicon around the problem area and no more issues since.

8. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

Spitz , I will check with the hose and flashlight if the airbox is not full of debris. Thanks , Keith

9. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

It was for the gasket on the 3rd brake light.

10. hotshotgoal30

hotshotgoal30 Junior Member

my 2004 doesnt leak water luckily but the top of my winshild i can push out. it also rattles against the frame. the winshield just needs to be resealed. you may have a similar problem

11. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Here is the TSB and procedure for checking the rear window module for leaks, and and how to repair.