1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking trans

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Banksy, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

The rear of my tranny pan is damp with small drips forming but they don't ever actually fall onto the garage floor. I tightened the bolts a little which didn't seem tight enough and wiped off the area. It still seems to be weeping some. Maybe the seal between the tranny and t-case. No clue how long it's been doing it. Anyone with a 2011 or later Super Duty have this?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Warranty.......

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Of course but what a PITA to drop it off and all that jazz with it. Just curious if anyone has had something similar.

I guess that will be a good time to mention that it has shut off twice immediately after starting. Twice in about 4 weeks. Starts and shuts off. Re-start and it's fine. 15,000 miles WTF!

4. dieselss

Gremlins........

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Guess so. Gonna try to get it there tomorrow and hopefully I can squeeze a loaner from them.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Truck is on the rack and I got a nice Fusion to drive. Hopefully the trans leak is something simple that won't come back for a long long time.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It was the rear output shaft seal believe it or not. In 15,000 miles? Whatever, I guess. Will pick it up tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  8. dieselss

Hey. Stuff happens.