1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking Rams

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Grant9454, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Grant9454

Grant9454 Member

Today in the driveway I noticed two stains about 4" in diameter under one of the angle rams as well as the main vertical ram on my two year old HT Series. Upon further inspection I notice a large amount of hydraulic fluid under one of the rams on the frame as well as a lot around where the pistons slide in and out. Is this normal or have the seals on these rams gone? Thanks for any help!

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Try tightening the packing nut first.

3. Grant9454

Grant9454 Member

Okay thank you ill give that a try tomorrow and see if that helps!

4. Ladder15

Ladder15 Junior Member

Just changed the seals on one of the rams on my new (used) XV... Took about 40 mins and $20. It was an easy fix. The ram was leaking very slowly, drip mark about 2" dia over a week (front side/packing). But more importantly, when put in the scoop position, the blade would drift back over time (rear seal). I had never done it before and used the mechanics guide by Fisher to learn.
    Ken