1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking Meyer E47

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Richard Fazio, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Richard Fazio

Richard Fazio Junior Member
    from NY

I got my self a used Dodge 1985 250 truck and meyer plow setup. The pump an E47, works ok but leaks like heck. It leaks from the joint between the power angle valve block assembly and the sump. I changed the seals between the two and it still leaks. The mating serfaces were perfect. I think it could be a seal somewhere else and it's just leaking down to the area between the two. I see a hole in the block assembly and none on the sump side. Anyone have any experience here? I ordered a complete seal kit I was hoping for a little guidance. Thanks
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Could be leaking out of the top seal or lower cylinder seal and just flowing down there. If I were you I would be inclined to do a total rebild. With the age it is probably dirty inside. Take it apart. Get a whole seal kit. Clean it with kerosene and replace all the seals.
  3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

From any Meyer dealer or one of the online suppliers, you can buy the Repair Manual for $4.00 or $5.00. This has step by step instructions with pictures for doing the rebuild, troubleshooting etc. Well worth it.