1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leaking Meyer E47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by noobie269, Nov 18, 2014.

1. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

My meyer E47 is currently leaking out of the pump. Should i assume its a bad sump base? It only seems to leak when iam hoked up to the blade and use it. ( lift, lower, left, right)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Where is it leaking from? Clean pump then use it to see where it is coming from.

3. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

Kimber its looking like its comming from the front center. Im trying to upload a video i took of it. Everything leads me to believe its the sump base. If you got an email i can forward the link.

4. kimber750

If it is only leaking when being used check the o rings on the two filter bolts. If everything is working correctly I am doubting the sump base is bad. Most often a bad base will allow plow to drift down.

5. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

What size are the filter o-rings? I went and got the 3 that are inside of the base, 7/16?? It looks almost like a pressure leak..

6. kimber750

I would guess around 3/4"

7. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

Update! Found out why the 2nd pump was leaking, turns out the whole case waw cracked/blowout on the bottom!! So My buddy had stashed away an e47 that came into the junkyard so he let me take it. Had to switch over B coil and valve but now its not turning right or left. Already replaced C coil but im thinking the valve is bad...correct to suspect?

8. kimber750

No left or right I would suspect the crossover valve since no valve is needed for left. Other thing it could be is connectors.

9. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

Connectors on the toggle switches? Ill have to look up the crossover valve. I'm not fimilar with taking that out and replacing.

10. kimber750

Quick connects on hydraulic hoses. Crossover is under the large acorn nut on side of angle block. The can be a bit complicated to work on if you have never done one. Service manual on Meyer site is pretty good with a lot of pics. Thumbs Up

11. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

Hmmm quick connects on hoses are brand new. This is problem after problem. 3 pumps and still don't have a working unit. Grr..

12. kimber750

Most likely not the quick connects then. If you have 3 pumps to pull parts from then maybe be better to just swap the entire angle block instead of pulling the crossover apart. Pull the block from the pump with cracked base and put it on the current pump.

13. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

Yeah new connects and hoses. That sounds like a good plan, hopefully those bolts don't strip out...thanks for all your help, been much appreciated!

14. kimber750

1/4" allen bit, tap it in with a hammer to make sure it seats all the way before trying to remove the four bolts. You will only have 3 small o rings to deal with.

15. noobie269

noobie269 Junior Member

Well thanks for the help. Replaced angle block and bam, now i got my angles, although now there backwards.. left goes right and right goes left.. has good fluid. Coupler on the pump side is leaking so that needs to be changed. Also cant run the blade all the way up as truck runs too hot. Also what settings should i mount the blade (EZ mount) to the frame to achieve the highest setting?

16. kimber750

Swap hoses around. You want A frame to be as close to level as possible with blade down on level surface.